The Cathedral and the Baptistery of Parma are first of all places of worship: visitors are asked to behave respectfully during their visit,
and to kindly observe the following rules:
- Access to the buildings in Piazza Duomo is only allowed to visitors wearing appropriate attire.
- Groups are asked to behave in a manner that is respectful of the sanctity of these places. Being quiet means respecting not only the religious significance of the place, but also other people, be they worshippers or tourists.
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited inside the buildings and visitors are asked to switch their devices to silent mode before entering
- Eating and drinking is not permitted inside the buildings
- Smoking is prohibited inside the buildings
- Pets are allowed into the buildings only if wearing a muzzle
- The use of microphones with amplifier is not permitted inside the buildings. Guided tours must use the microphone system during visits inside the Cathedral
- Visitors and tourists may take photos or videos in the buildings, but the use of flash photography, tripods and professional equipment is not permitted. Those requiring the use of professional equipment must seek permission by writing to email@example.com, explaining the reasons for the request.
- It is absolutely forbidden to touch the works of art inside the buildings.